In a convent, the Mother Superior, a very mean woman, woke up.
“What a wonderful Easter day! Today, I’m so happy, I’ll even be nice to the nuns”, she said.
She went out of her room and saw a nun in the hall.
– Good morning, Sister Joanna! You look really beautiful today! And that shirt you’re knitting is so pretty!
– Thanks, Mother. You look great too, but you got up on the wrong side of the bed, no?
The Mother Superior didn’t like that comment, but she went ahead anyway. She saw another nun.
– Good morning, Sister Mary! You look really good! And that embroidery is looking amazing, congratulations!
– Thanks, Mother. You look beautiful, too. But it seems like you got up on the wrong side of the bed…
The Mother was furious, but she still kept doing that.
Every time she met a nun and greeted her, the nuns always told her the same thing.
So, when she reached the last nun, she was extremely irritated and she decided to make everything clearer.
– Good morning, Sister Lola! Please be honest with me: does it seem like I got up on the wrong side of the bed?
– Yes, Mother…
– Can you tell me why?
– Because you put on Father Anthony’s slippers!